Wednesday 2 February 2011

Christmas present one.

I made two items as gifts for Christmas this year.
The first was a secret santa gift for a member of www.craftsforum.co.uk.


Secret Santa gift
As I am quite new to sewing I was nervous about making this. I chose a pattern in the book Sew called 'Quilted Purse.'
This is a medium size, soft purse, with a button fasten.
New skills I learned were a buttonhole loop and quilting. I did the quilting by hand because I preferred it and was worried that if I had one layer of fabric and wadding, when I put it through the sewing machine the wadding might get stuck.


 Fabric cut and ready

 Attaching the top flap

 Finished bag

Open finished bag

This was a good little project. I enjoyed selecting the lining fabric to go with the outer pattern, and it looks like a pretty purse to keep things in. The quilting gave an interesting effect and did not detract from the design too much.



1 comment:

  1. This is lovely. The fabric you chose for the outside is very interesting and the lining matches perfectly. You must be really proud if you call sewing a relatively new craft!

    ReplyDelete