Friday 18 February 2011

Stylish Blogger Award




I’m feeling better today and have done a bit of research on this, so here goes....



Step 1 – Make a post linking back to the person who gave you the award.

Step 2 - Share 7 random things about yourself.

Step 3 – Award 15 recently discovered bloggers with this award.

Step 4 – Contact these bloggers and tell them they’ve won the award.



1.

To start off with I’d like to thank Wendy for her nomination/award. As I have only been blogging for a few months and only made it public not long ago it is a nice feeling to think that someone is reading this and enjoying it. So thank you very much to her J

Please take a look at her work at www.1stuniquegifts.co.uk her blog is very popular and I’m not surprised when you see the lovely things she makes.



2.

§ I have just completed and graduated from 4 years at university studying conservation. This is museum and artefact conservation not wildlife conservation, the two very often get mixed up!

§ I passed my driving test about 3 months ago and got my first car 2 weeks ago. I am still getting used to the freedom it gives me to travel further than a few miles from my house for everyday life. I’m looking forward to driving to local fabric and bead shops!!

§ I love to read, when I was little I read all the time, now I’ve finished uni I’m back to reading interesting books rather than those about glue, bugs, dirt and mould.

§ I am a fan of fair-trade and think it is important that people buy this when it is feasible. I am keen to start using fair-trade fabric when I become better at sewing.

§ I like growing my nails and painting them.

§ Sewing or doing anything creative relaxes me. Sometimes it is hard to motivate myself to start, but as soon as I open up a few books or I look around my fabric drawers I get so many ideas as to what I can make.

§ I cannot knit to save my life! Every few years I make my mum re-teach me and it is a disaster. I have now accepted that I can’t knit and focus on sewing instead.



3.

This was the perfect opportunity for me to sort out my blog following situation, as I had many in my ‘favourites’ but now I am officially ‘following’ blogs, making it all look a lot neater. I have spent the evening browsing all the beautiful work out there and I hope you enjoy my selection. A couple of people had already been chosen recently, but I guess it doesn’t hurt to mention them again as I really like their work.


www.bitsandblobsbyamy.blogspot.com

www.dearestjackdaw.blogspot.com

www.dreamstardiary.blogspot.com

www.flossieteacakes.blogspot.com

www.kryshees.blogspot.com

www.mybelovdlylife.blogspot.com

www.pukkapinnies.blogspot.com

www.rafflesbizarre.blogspot.com

www.rosmademe.blogspot.com

www.satokosorigamijewellery.blogspot.com

www.silverpebble.blogspot.com

www.swirlyarts.blogspot.com

www.taylor-madecards.blogspot.com

www.totallyaddictedtovintage.com

www.zukiestyle.blogspot.com


4. So I got commenting! Possibly a mistake to type them all out individually!

I hope you enjoy browsing these, I am off to bed with a cup of tea to read my kindle. Have a good weekend. x

3 comments:

  1. thanks will try and get on to a response in the next week! x I love your mini make up case x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to say a huge thank you for nominating my blog for this :) x

    ReplyDelete